- According to the university legislation, the University of Barcelona (from now, UB) carries out the public service of providing higher education through research, teaching and study. Its fiscal identification number is Q-0818001-J and whose business contact is:
- This website as well as all its contents, including texts, images, sounds, databases, codes and any other material is property of the UB or of the third parties that have authorized the use of such contents in the platform. All this material is subject to the copyright legislation. The copyright holders reserve the legal actions that they consider necessary to repair any damages caused by any act that infringes the copyright over any of such contents.
- The UB reserves the right to make any changes, modifications and updates to its website without prior notice.
- Any controversy regarding this website shall be dealt with before the courts and tribunals of Barcelona, expressively waiving any other jurisdiction, if different.
Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, 585
Personal Data Protection
In case of providing your personal data, the processing is subject to the provisions of the relevant legislation on protection of personal data. It shall be taken into consideration that this website is not an accessible source for the public of those provided under this regulation.
1. Data collected through forms
- Different forms through which personal data can be collected are inserted in the website.
- All fields marked with an asterisk in the registration form that are to be filled in by the user are compulsory in order to grant his or her request, being the rest of the fields voluntary to be filled in.
- Under any circumstance, the platform only processes the personal data of those involved that are relevant, pertinent and not excessive to meet the explicit and legitim objectives for which they were collected . Moreover, the security of the user´s personal data must be guaranteed through the implementation of the appropriate technic and organizational security measures.
2. Transmit data
Transmit data are implicit in the use of the internet communication protocols. The data generated for browsing through this website will only be processed for strictly technic purposes and by the proper staff under the duty of secrecy.
This website uses a traffic analyzer and IP tracker called Piwik which collects data for statistical purposes that are stored in the servers of the UB. However, the user can deactivate and/or delete these cookies following the instructions provided by his or her browser.
It should be stated that the use of web analytics programs in this repository is essential to meet the objective for which it was created, which is to establish indicators to assess the impact of certain social sciences and humanities studies.
Specifically, the cookies used are those that begin with _pk_ref, _pk_cvar, _pk_id i _pk_ses.
- _pk_ref: identifies the website from which the user has arrived to the platform´s website in order to identify which websites generate a greater traffic to the platform.
- _pk_cvar: allows managing the information of the different variables that the tool collects.
- _pk_id: allows avoiding counting twice the same user when counting the number of visitors of the platform´s website.
- _pk_ses: records the time that a user remains in the website of the platform.
Right of information - Additional information on your data
1. Who is responsible for processing your data?
The body in charge of processing your personal data is the General Secretary’s Office of the Universitat de Barcelona, postal address Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, 585, 08007 Barcelona, and e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. What are the contact details of the data protection officer?
The e-mail address of the data protection officer of the Universitat de Barcelona is email@example.com and the postal address is Travessera de les Corts, 131-159, Pavelló Rosa, 08028 Barcelona.
3. Why do we process your personal data?
Your personal data is processed in order to manage the user account of the SIOR platform, as well as to manage the information entered regarding research projects. The data entered in the form is necessary to manage the Repository and in case you do not provide it, you will not be able to sign up as a user.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your data?
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is your express consent. You have the right to revoke it at any time. Keep in mind that if you revoke it you will no longer be part of the SIOR Repository.
5. How long do we store your personal data?
The data necessary to manage your query will be stored for 10 years unless you revoke your consent, in which case this data will be deleted. In any case, before deleting it, your personal data will be blocked, which means that it will be stored in such a way that it can no longer be used and will only be made available if requested by the public administration, courts or tribunals with regard to responsibilities deriving from the processing. Once these responsibilities are no longer subject to legal recourse, your data will be erased.
6. Who will your data be disclosed to?
The University itself and those responsible for processing the data on behalf of the University, where applicable. Your data will not be disclosed to third parties unless there is a legal obligation to do so. In such cases, only the pertinent data will be sent.
7. What are your rights?
You have the right to receive confirmation as to whether the Universitat de Barcelona is processing your personal data or not. In this sense, you have the right to access your personal data, as well as to request that inaccurate data be rectified or, if it is the case, request erasure of your data. In certain circumstances provided for in article 18 of the GDPR you may request the restriction of processing of your data. If the request is deemed to be legally sound, we will only store your data for the exercise or defense of legal rights or for the purpose of processing complaints. By virtue of the right to request data portability, you have the right to receive a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. You may also request that the Universitat de Barcelona transfers your data to another data controller.
8. How can you exercise your rights?
By writing, enclosing a photocopy of your DNI, NIE, passport or other ID document, addressed to the General Secretary’s Office of the Universitat de Barcelona (at the postal address Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, 585, 08007 Barcelona), or by e-mail to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. What complaints procedures are open to you?
If you feel that your rights have not been given appropriate consideration you may contact the Universitat de Barcelona’s Data Protection Officer. You may also lodge a complaint with the Catalan Data Protection Authority.